Working Together for a more accessible Exmoor.
Workshop for Event Providers – Monday 11th November 2013
There are many different organisations providing a huge range of different events in Exmoor National Park. For people with disabilities, clear information about events and events that are designed with their needs in mind are essential. By promoting events through websites and publications such as Exmoor Visitor we have tried in recent years to develop a consistent approach to events information, but realise that there is much more progress we could make. We would welcome your attendance to help us collectively provide a better range of events for a wider range of people and to improve how we promote them to people with disabilities.
The aims of the day are follows.
- To understand better the accessibility issues in designing and promoting events.
- To look at how we can provide better and more consistent information about events so that people can feel confident about suitability.
- To look at the different needs of people with a wide range of different disabilities.
- A chance to look at your own events and get advice from specialists and users on how they can be made more accessible.
- Explore the potential to market events more effectively to people with disabilities.
- An opportunity to share good practice.
- A chance to develop event ideas for 2014.
The day will consist of short talks and workshop sessions. Lunch and refreshments are provided. To book on to this event please fill out the attached booking form :Booking Form – Accessible Events Workshop and return it to David Rolls on email@example.com