The Moorland Classroom is a project to provide unforgettable learning experiences both in the classroom and at fantastic moorland locations on Exmoor National Park. We have free training on offer to support educators in getting the very best out of moorland visits and our new free online resources. Materials are appropriate from Key Stage 1 to lower Key Stage 3 and are highly adaptable.
Come to our FREE twilight taster sessions for teachers on Tuesday 11th June and Tuesday 2nd July 2013.
These session will enable primary colleagues to:
- Go with experts to visit brilliant fieldwork locations – Dunkery Beacon and Haddon Hill
- Get the best from being outdoors and our new bespoke online resources
- Be fully briefed in the preparation you need to confidently take children to these Moorland Classroom sites for an unforgettable visit
- Find out how to access travel funding for school visits
- Find out how to book our prehistory loan boxes
Contributors on the day will include:
- David Gurnett, Education Manager, Exmoor National Park Authority
- David Rolls, Moorland Education and Outreach Officer
- Faye Balmond, Moorland Heritage Officer
- David Weatherly, Curriculum Advisor
Booking form > 2013moorland-classroom-workshop-form17may13
Please book as early as possible, either by email to: David Rolls, DRolls@exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk or by post to: Moorland Classroom, The Heart of Exmoor Scheme, 7 – 9 Fore St, Dulverton, TA22 9EX. Tel: 01398 322164.