The Moorland Classroom is a project to provide unforgettable outdoor learning experiences on Exmoor National Park. We have developed a new, bespoke suite of online teaching materials to support classroom and outdoor learning.
Educators will soon have access to the new Moorland Classroom teacher guides, video clips, maps, risk assessments and photo galleries.
Be the first to preview and explore them! Join our launch on Friday 23 November, at our Primary Focus Day at Exmoor National Park. The new teaching resources are appropriate for Key Stage 1 to lower Key Stage 3, are cross curricular and entirely free to use.
The Primary Focus Day on Friday 23rd November will enable you to:
· Get the best out of this new, innovative online resource
· Participate in lively and engaging workshops on how to deliver the new Moorland Classroom activities to pupils
· Access free 2013 professional development opportunities linked to the resource
· Receive information on how to access travel funding for school visits
· Discover how to access our Prehistory loan box scheme
· Meet an Exmoor Pony and learn from an expert about this special animal
· Enjoy a lovely Exmoor lunch and refreshments
Contributors will include:
David Gurnett, Education Manager, Exmoor National Park Authority.
David Rolls, Moorland Education and Outreach Officer.
Faye Balmond, Moorland Heritage Officer.
David Weatherly, Curriculum Advisor.
We hope that you or a colleague will be able to attend. Places are limited so please book as soon as you can to avoid disappointment.
Please download a booking form and send it in with your payment (or official purchase order). Alternatively email David Rolls: email@example.com or call now on 01398 322164.
Please note: places are not secured until payment has been received.