The Moorland Classroom is an exciting new education project, working with partners across Exmoor National Park. We are looking for somebody energetic, well organised, and web-literate to help the Heart of Exmoor team to develop online teaching resources.
You don’t need to be a web designer. We have a clever Content Management System, which makes editing the web pages no more complicated than using ‘Word’ and email software. You need to be good with computers and keen to have a go at new things.
What’s in it for you?
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team, with mentoring support.
- Help to publish a resource that will reach 1000s of young people.
- Training and experience in web content management.
- Flexibility. This role has the potential to be performed at home, or at the Heart of Exmoor offices in Dulverton. Or a mix of both.
- An opportunity to develop new skills, or brush up transferable web-based skills.
- Vast amounts of tea and biscuits..!
- Assisting the coordination of creating the Moorland Classroom online resource.
- Uploading text, pictures, links and other files. (Lots of them!).
- Editing text to ensure a clear written style.
- Formatting pages to create a consistent visual style.
- Collating a wide range of different educational material, resources and links.
- Checking how well it all works. Ensure resources are visible and web-compatible.
- Liaison with various members of staff (education, ICT, design, etc.).
There may be other activities where we could use your help…
This role will suit: somebody interested in developing their web-based skills and providing education resources for pupils and teachers.
For more details and what to do next, please download the role description > Exmoor volunteer role description – education assistant web developer