Entries for this inaugural competition are invited, which will be anonymously judged by a panel of established poets, who will award three cash prizes. The winners will be announced in the Exmoor Society’s Spring Newsletter, with the winning poems published in the Exmoor Review in October 2012.
The closing date is 1st December 2011.
Conditions of Entry
• The competition is open to anyone aged 16 and over.
• Poems must be in English, unpublished, and own original work.
• Poems must have been inspired by Exmoor in some way, which might for example be topical, historical, flora or fauna associated, archaeological, contemporary life and work related, literary, recreational, or spiritual.
• Entries must have a title (for identification), be typed single-spaced on A4
paper, with a separate sheet for each poem, and not bear the name of the
author or any other form of identification.
• The titles of poems and the poet’s name and address (and e-mail if possible)
must be attached on a separate sheet of A4.
• Poems may be any length up to 40 lines, including spaces. Please, plain fonts
• Every poem will be read by at least two judges separately, before shared
deliberation takes place.
• Membership of the Society is not obligatory, and entry to this inaugural
competition is free.
• Receipt of entry will be acknowledged if a stamped addressed post card marked ‘Receipt’ is enclosed with the entry.
• Poems will be returned if an appropriate stamped addressed envelope
accompanies the entry.
• Copyright will remain with the author, but the organisers reserve the right to
publish the winning poems in the Exmoor Review.
• The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Entries to be sent to The Exmoor Society, Rosemary Lane, Dulverton TA22 9DP.